Title: Industrial Electrician
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Wage range: $28.18/hour to $30.25/hour
Shift: Days – 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Based at: Wolf Steel Ltd. #24 Napoleon Rd, Barrie Ontario
Job Purpose: The Industrial Electrician is responsible for electrical maintenance and reliability of all plant and fabrication equipment. The incumbent will assist with the installation of new wiring, equipment, improvements of current infrastructure, troubleshooting equipment issues and coordinating supplies with vendors.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Prioritize duties, multi-task jobs where possible; maintain an ongoing list of jobs in priority & assign accounting & job numbers.
• Schedule electrical work around production schedules, so that power interruptions are kept to a minimum.
• Assist with the installation of new wiring. New wiring installations must comply with the Electrical Safety Code & be inspected by the Electrical Safety Authority; maintain a log of completed work to be inspected.
• Assist with improvements of current infrastructure and troubleshooting equipment issues.
• Meet with various Company Associates to access & accommodate their electrical requirements.
• Troubleshoot malfunctioning machinery and determine the root cause of the failure using prints and testing with meters & instruments to correct machine failure
• Review electrical schematics / use information to trace or complete electrical installation
• Label machinery & equipment with relevant electrical ratings & sources of power.
• Utilize manuals, internet & phone contacts to gain knowledge of equipment, for making repairs. Finding alternate sources for repair & replacement items.
• Research materials required for building, maintaining & repairing equipment.
• Order electrical supplies and keep stock levels to make the necessary repairs.
• Communicate to and train Associates regarding changes to machines
• Accumulate and organize manuals, wiring diagrams & drawings for equipment; create drawings of work completed; update existing drawings with changes performed
• Manage equipment obsolescence: track status of equipment. Make plans for upgrade or replacement.
• Co-ordinate electrical contractor quotes. Provide guidance to contractors once a job has been accepted.
• Adhere to Company’s health & safety policies; Lock out / Tag out, PPE etc.
• Willingness to work alternative shifts and overtime as required to support business requirements
Education and Experience:
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, College education / College of Trades (Trades specific) and/or apprenticeship
• Must have a valid Industrial Electrician License 442A, or Electrician Construction & Maintenance License 309A with 5 years experience in an industrial environment
• Must have a minimum of five 5 years’ Industrial experience
• Fork Lift license is considered an asset
• Must be adept in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel
• Proficient working within a Maintenance Management Software, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and/or Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system is considered an asset
• Program Logic Control (PLC) operation, modification, troubleshooting & associated software – Allen Bradley RSLogix, Omron CX Programmer and Siemens Step 7
• Specific component software for machine control -motor drives, press controls & relay logic control systems
• Knowledge of networks (Profibus, Device net, RSNetWorx)
• Complies with the Electrical Safety Code
• Knowledge of CSA standards as they apply to machine safety
• Knowledge of AutoCAD or Solidworks is considered an asset
About Napoleon Group of Companies
Napoleon Fireplaces is an ISO 9001 – 2008 registered company and operates with 1,200,000+ square feet of manufacturing space, and over 1000 associates. We promote a friendly and welcoming work environment with ever expanding opportunities for development and stability. These values are integral to the innovative engineering design, advanced manufacturing techniques, dedicated customer service, and outstanding quality that our customers have come to expect from Napoleon products. Napoleon’s commitment to producing quality products combined with honest, reliable service has proven to be a successful framework to ensuring the continued rapid growth of the company. We are proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and are dedicated to providing quality, home comfort products for over 38 years and counting.
The Napoleon Group of Companies is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain Associates with disabilities. This includes providing accessibility across all stages of the employment cycle. Accommodation is available upon request.