Title: Process Improvement Tool & Die Maker
Reports to: CEO, Wolfgang Schroeter
Shift: Days 8:30 a.m. – -5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday
Salary Grade: Ten (10)
Based at: Wolf Steel Ltd., Barrie ON
Job Purpose: Implement and improve manufacturing equipment and processes required to manufacture a high quality product in a repeatable and cost effective manner.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Evaluate existing processes and implement improvements. Provide technical support for production and assembly processes.
• Trouble shoot production equipment. Custom machine parts and fixtures. Conduct test runs with completed tools or fixtures to ensure parts meet specifications
• Evaluate new product designs for necessary tooling requirements. Determine the best way to design tooling or fixtures.
• Fit and assemble parts to make, repair or modify dies, jigs, gauges and tools using machine tools and hand tools
• Design and build custom jigs, fixtures, and other related equipment for production lines
• Fabrication process improvements such as punch presses, brake presses, laser cutting, welding, etc
• Recommend work cell and assembly line layout improvements
• Operation of metal forming rolls, lathe, milling cutters, CNC equipment and forming tools and knowledge of their use, repair and maintenance
• Carry out Lean process implementation
Education and Experience:
• Licensed Tool & Die Maker; Completion of a 4 year apprenticeship with College Certificate for Tool and Die
• Minimum of 15 years’ experience. Preference will be given to those that have experience from 2 – 3 different manufacturing companies
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook; ERP and Cad software an asset
• Knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing preferred.
About Napoleon Group of Companies
Napoleon Fireplaces is an ISO 9001 – 2008 registered company and operates with 1,200,000+ square feet of manufacturing space, and over 1000 associates. We promote a friendly and welcoming work environment with ever expanding opportunities for development and stability. These values are integral to the innovative engineering design, advanced manufacturing techniques, dedicated customer service, and outstanding quality that our customers have come to expect from Napoleon products. Napoleon’s commitment to producing quality products combined with honest, reliable service has proven to be a successful framework to ensuring the continued rapid growth of the company. We are proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and are dedicated to providing quality, home comfort products for over 38 years and counting.
The Napoleon Group of Companies is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain Associates with disabilities. This includes providing accessibility across all stages of the employment cycle. Accommodation is available upon request.